PHCA Rental Registration

According to the PHCA Rules Section VII A:

  • Long Term Rentals - Properties that are rented for a period of 60 days or more shall give the PHCA the tenant contact information, GET number and the property management information if applicable.
  • Short Term Rentals - Properties that are rented for less than 60 days, shall provide the PHCA with the property manager contact information, GET number and location of the PHCA poster. 

Registration is required to be submitted by July 30, 2018 and is required to be kept current. Failure to do so will result in a $500 fine being charged to your account monthly until compliant.  

Online Registration

To Register, click here to fill out the form. 

If your registration is submitted successfully, you will receive a confirmation page. Please print the page for your records. If you do not receive a confirmation, contact our office at (808) 826-6687.

Poster Required in Each Vacation Rental

Click here for a pdf of the PHCA poster and here for a word version in case you have some additional information to add. For condo properties, feel free to adjust the parking and trash parts as appropriate. The poster should be placed in a conspicuous location. 

Registered Rentals

Check here to see if your rental has been registered. This list is current as of the morning of November 7, 2018.
If you are sure you registered, but don't see your property on the list you can email 

Registered Homes

Registered Condos

Appeal Process

If you would like to appeal a violation or decision by the Community Appeals Committee, you may do so by submitting this form to our office within 30 days of receiving the violation letter. The appeals committee meets monthly, every 2nd Thursday at 2pm. The following are the upcoming meeting dates:

November 7th
December 13th
January 10th

State of Hawaii Requirements

The state of Hawaii requires that all transient accommodations (vacation rentals) comply with the following:

1. Rentals have a State business license (BB-1), have a General Excise Tax (GET) number and Transient Accommodations Tax (TAT) license from the Department of Taxation.

2. All advertisements include the Transient Accommodation (TA) registration number. 

3. Must have an on-island contact. If you manage the property yourself you must have an on island contact and the contact's name, phone number, and email must be either on the advertisement or provided to an occupant prior to occupying the unit. 

4. On-island contact's information must also be conspicuously posted at the property as well as your TA registration. 

If you have a property manager, that person must be a licensed broker/realtor on Kauai (with an office) to manage multiple owner's properties. 

This is not a complete list of requirements. For more information click here